EXHIBITOR setup for fREESTATECON
FRIDAY: EARLY SETUP
Begins at 4:00 pm and runs until 8:00 pm. We will close the facility promptly at 8:00.
This block of time is useful for bringing in bulk items, setting up displays, and getting the heavy lifting out of the way.
SATURDAY MORNING SETUP
We will open the garage door for load-in promptly at 7:30 am. This gives exhibitors 2.5 hours to load in and get fully set up before the doors open to the public at 10:00 am.
AVOIDING ROAD CONSTRUCTION WHEN COMING IN FROM KC
If coming in from KC on K-10, be advised that the intersection at 23rd and Harper Street is closed. There is an easy detour.
1. Take K-10 to the 23rd St exit.
2. Turn RIGHT at the first light, O’Connell Road, and take it north until it curves around to the left.
3. This puts you on 19th Street. Follow 19th west until you get to a 4-way stop at. Harper St.
4. Turn LEFT at the 4-way stop, and make your way to the show.
NOTE: Google maps thinks O’Connell Road is called “FF” street for some bizarre reason, and if you’re using our directions link, turn right if it tells you to turn right at FF St coming off of K-10 on 23rd Street.
AVOIDING ROAD CONSTRUCTION COMING FROM THE SOUTH, NORTH, AND WEST
If coming in from Topeka, be advised that the intersection at 23rd and Harper Street is closed. If not using GPS, just follow these steps.
1. Make your way to 19th and Haskell Avenue.
2. Head east from this intersection.
3. At the intersection of 19th and Harper Street, turn right and proceed a few blocks until you see the large banner.
Please give yourselves extra time for travel and set-up, especially if travelling to Lawrence from another city. Our expectation is that all of you will be set up and ready to go when the show opens to the public at 10:00am.